Looking for a nice peaceful Saturday afternoon? Want to explore our city’s pathway network? Need a quiet recovery from Friday night’s shenanigans? Join CU Cycling’s weekly Bicycle Picnic Club ride!
The BPC isn’t really a club; we just like riding bicycles and having picnics. The ride meets in front of Carleton’s University Centre at 11am on Saturdays, at which time we decide on a scenic route that will take us to a nice park, attraction, or festival where we can hang out for a bit and have some lunch. We tailor the pace and distance of the ride to whomever shows up. All kinds of bicycles and riders are welcome; just remember to pack a lunch!
Here’s the skinny:
- Date: Saturday, May 2, 2015
- Time: 11am (meet at 10:50am)
- Location: meet in front of the University Centre building on Carleton University campus
- Route & difficulty: to be decided! We pick our route based on suggestions and the speed and skill level of the riders.
frequently and infrequently-asked-questions
- Should I pack a lunch? Definitely!
- Can I invite my friends? Yes please! The more the merrier
- Can I join if I’m not a Carleton University student? For sure! C.U. Cycling is a group for Carleton students, staff, faculty, alumni, and community members, but we’re all just here to bike around the city and have fun.
For more information about our rides in general, including information on where to meet and how to get to Carleton University, check out our Bike Rides page.
See you then!