The GSA and C.U. Cycling have returned this year with the Cycling and Eco Fair! Come on out for a rad time on September 10 (rain date September 17) from 10am to 4pm. There will be plenty of folks there to talk to about cycling and all forms of vaguely cycling-related topics.
Our friends from Cycle Salvation will be there providing some sweet, sweet FREE tune-ups. Last year was NUTS, so try to plan ahead. We weren’t able to fit everyone in, so try to soak up as much bike knowledge to do some repairs on your own!
The Eco Fair is brought to you by the GSA and CU Cycling with the support of CUPE 4600.
✓ This event is free.
✓ This event is wheelchair accessible.*
✓ This event is family-friendly.
✓ This event is dry.
So who’s gonna be there
The GSA and C.U. Cycling will be there repping it up… but I’m sure you’re curious to know who else will be attending, too! Our list is consistently being updated as more groups confirm:
- CUPE 4600
- Ecology Ottawa
- Carleton Food Centre
- OPIRG (adjoining event)
- The G-Spot
- Council of Canadians
- Polaris Institute
See you then!
*ACCESSIBILITY: To ensure that accessibility needs (like ASL translation) are met, please contact Justine at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept 5th for services at The Eco Fair.
On Thursday, September 19, C.U. Cycling will be hosting in conjunction with the Graduate Students’ Association a Cycling and Eniro Fair at Carleton University.
Location of the fair
We’ll have free bike tune-ups from the kind folks at Cycle Salvation and the uOttawa Bike Co-Op.
We’ll also be giving out free bike lights and reflective armbands to anyone who needs them, courtesy of Safer Roads Ottawa!
In attendance are:
- GSA’s Community Garden coordinator Chris will be giving a permaculture workshop
- The Department of University Safety, who will be standing by, ready to register your bike!
- Rideau River Residence Association (RRRA), who will be showcasing their brand new bike share!
- Representatives of the Carleton University Students’ Association (CUSA) and Graduate Students’ Association (GSA)
- Safer Roads Ottawa, who will be handing out free bike lights and arm bands
- Cycle Salvation and the uOttawa Bike Co-Op giving free bike tuneups
- Citizens for Safe Cycling, Ottawa’s very own non-profit cycling group, who know all the ins and outs of cycling in the capital
- Ottawa Bicycle Lanes Project, who will be talking about segregated bike lanes in Ottawa and collecting signatures for their petition
- Ecology Ottawa, Ottawa’s champion for complete streets
- Permaculture Ottawa, who advocate for sustainable and socially just living
- OPIRG Carleton, fighting for social justice!
- CKCU-FM, our very own radio station
- Bushtukah, a wicked active living store in Westboro. We love their bikes!
- David Chernushenko, Carleton’s very own ward councillor!
- Representatives from Carleton’s Sustainability Strategic Plan, a department under Facilities Management and Planning that promotes sustainability through mechanisms such as the Green Revolving Fund
- Ottawa Public Health, a division of the City of Ottawa that promotes healthy and active lifestyles through events and programming
- Advanced Recreation will be there with some sweet pedal carts!
The Food Centre, the best place at Carleton to access healthful and nutritional food not attending rain date
Healthy Workplace Carleton, a program that promotes workplace health for university staff and faculty not attending rain date
We’ve got a lot of great folks coming out, so drop by with your bicycle! There will be plenty of folks to field your questions and a lot of cool stuff. We’ll have cycling maps, C.U. Cycling and RRRA Bikeshare postcards, bike lights, armbands, and MORE!
Also, if you plan on coming by, feel free to subscribe to the Facebook event!
Due to expected rain and thunderstorms, the Cycling and Enviro Fair has been
shifted from the original date of September 12 to September 19.